Our phones and the apps within them can organize with efficiency any problem put forth by a user. We order food from apps, maintain calendars, shop and watch videos with ease. Technology is here to save the day once again to make fitness more fun and effective.
If you’re tech savvy and ready to stay committed to your New Year’s resolution, this list of 2019’s trendiest apps is just for you.
- Couch to 5K – If you’ve wanted to try running but never known where to start, Couch to 5K should be the next app you download. The free eight-week program gives users three workouts per week that get you ready for your local road race. (Free; iOS and Android)
- Strava Running and Cycling – If you’re a serious runner, you need one place to keep track of your most recent runs, and no app comes close to the capabilities offered by Strava. The app can track distance, speed, elevation, calories burned, heart rate, power, and cadence. (Free with optional in-app purchases; iOS and Android)
For Strength Training / HIIT
- Sworkit – Tell Sworkit the type of workout you’re looking for (strength, cardio, yoga, or stretching) and the amount of time you’ve got, and the app delivers the moves to follow during your sweat session. (Free with optional in-app purchases; iOS and Android)
- Aaptiv – Part of the draw of boutique fitness studios is that they combine attentive instructors, sweaty workouts, and a perfectly in-sync and instructor-curated soundtrack—and Aaptiv offers that same experience right from your phone. For $9.99 a month, you get access to hundreds of “classes” at varying styles, lengths and levels of difficulty (Free with optional in-app purchases; iOS and Android)
For Health & Wellness
- Waterlogged – When it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, hydration is huge. Take photos of your preferred drinking vessels—bottles, cups, mugs, whatever—check in when you finish a glass, and it automatically keeps tabs on your hydration levels. (Free with optional in-app purchases; iOS and Android)
- Daily Yoga – Never be bored by yoga again: More than 50 classes with each sequence highlighting a specific focus, from increasing flexibility to strengthening your core. Plus, there’s a library with detailed videos of more than 500 poses. (Free with optional in-app purchases; iOS and Android)
- Calm – This app has courses, guided meditations, and music to help you find a greater sense of calm in your life. The true standout feature is the wide variety of bedtime stories to get you snoozing with ease. Let Bob Ross lull you to sleep. (Free with optional in-app purchases; IOS and Android)
Upgrade Your Tech Gear
Feel like you need to upgrade your tech gear? Stop in at one of our three New Balance San Antonio locations: The Strand, The Forum, and The Quarry Village for the latest in fitness tech to help you track, motivate and succeed!