According to U.S. News, the best time to visit San Antonio is November through April. And with the temperature averaging between 64 and 80 degrees in these cooler months, we can’t say we disagree. This also means that Texas winters are the perfect time to dust off those running shoes and hit the pavement. You guessed it, we’ve got another round of SA road races and there are so many to choose from this time!
Whether you’re just visiting or are an SA native, these November and December races are worth the sweat — and might even help stave off those Holiday calories!
- Boerne Family YMCA Turkey Trot – Nov. 17- 5K/10K, Fun Trail Walk, Youth Mini Race
- Texas Tough Turkey Chase – Nov. 22 – 5K/10K and Kids Run
- First-Annual Refuge Church 5K – Nov. 24 – 5K
- Humana Rock ‘N’ Roll San Antonio – Dec. 1-2 – 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, Marathon
- Stars At Night Half – Dec. 15 – 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, Relay
To see even more San Antonio races this winter and beyond, check out Running in the USA’s comprehensive list here.
How Can We Help?
Maybe you were able to dust off those barely-used running shoes or maybe you’re in need of a footgear upgrade. If the latter applies to you, we can help! With more than 75 models to choose from, New Balance shoes are scientifically designed to provide the stability and comfort your feet deserve throughout your entire 3.1, 6.2, or 26-mile race. Visit us at one of our three San Antonio New Balance locations at The Strand, The Forum, or Quarry Village.